Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Fun with the Fam

This past weekend we had a wonderful and fast trip to Spokane to celebrate Andrew (Birch's youngest brother) getting his Eagle Scout Award and Blayre (Birch's youngest sister) preparing to go on her mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to Las Vegas in a couple of weeks. Even though our time was short together we packed it full of fun, yummy food, games, lots of celebrating, and playing with some of our cousins. The family at the Spokane Temple - Grandma and Grandpa Ditto were able to come for the weekend along with all but one of Birch's siblings and two wives.
Birch's sisters and mom
Some of the cousins--we are missing six cousins in this picture. Isn't that crazy! Alex and Tyler are actually the oldest of the cousins. You can't imagine the fun they all have with each other!!!

The beautiful Spokane Temple
All Eagle Scouts--Birch was given the honor of presenting Andrew with his Eagle
Alex was asked to lead the Pledge of Allegiance

Andrew is the fifth of five boys to receive his Eagle.



In keeping with Ditto tradition and the love of sharing talents, the brothers all sang "God Bless the USA" during the Court of Honor. They were missing Brent's harmony.


7 comments:

Emily and Ryan said...

What a great thing to wake up to- a new post! I love that picture of the cousins. I'm jealous- would'nt that have been so fun to have growing up?

kg said...

I'd also been wondering where you were hiding...glad to see you were busy doing fun family things! The Spokane temple is exactly like the Birmingham one! Beatiful, of course. Look at all those cousins!!

Mama Nirvana said...

So glad you had a fun trip. The kids look like they had a blast!

Amy

The Ditto Family said...

One of Birch's siblings has two wives???? Hahaha. Okay, so now I'M the one obsessively checking your blog. Love ya, Julia

Korean Hales said...

That cousin picture is so great. They are all so cute.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like such a great trip. Cousins playing together is always such fun!

Heidi

Jensen Five said...

Love the cousin picture, too. How fun for them!

I just got done reading your comment on my blog and had to tell you that I just finished reading The Covenant last night! I started it about a week ago. It was my first Beverly Lewis book and I loved it! I'm taking the kids to the library today and I'm going to go get another Beverly Lewis book! I have also loved Karen Kingsbury books, too. She's another great Christian author.