Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Girls' Night Out

This past Friday Alysee and I had 'Girls' Night Out' while the boys had 'Boys' Night In.' Two other moms and I planned a special night for our girls to "Disney Princess on Ice." I have never been to one of these productions and it proved to be a fabulous show.
Prior to the show we all met at Applebee's Restaurant and scarfed down a delicious dinner. I had this asiago chicken and mashed potato dish that was WONDERFUL. These girls have been friends for several years and all went to preschool together last year.
Before the show I had Alysee get all dressed up in a borrowed costume for some fun princess pictures of our own.We had GREAT seats at the production. We didn't even have to use our binoculars. One of the first things that Alysee said during the show was "those girls are sure not dressed modest." It's true many of the dancers/skaters were VERY scantily dressed. Each time a princess came out that was dressed modestly she was sure to point it out. It made me feel good that something I am saying is sinking in!Most of my pictures didn't turn out well because of the lack of lighting. This is from the last scene when all the princesses came out with their princes. There were even great fireworks at the end. It was a super fun evening. Alysee gave a great synopsis to all the boys in the morning. I'm sure glad that I made this evening happen!

6 comments:

emily said...

I think these types of nights are so important. I can only imagine how special Alysee felt having you all to herself and a nice focused on being the princess she is.

Leah said...

Can't wait to do this with my little girl! Wait, does this mean I'm going to have to get into the whole princess thing??

Julie said...

She is so lucky to have you as a mom. I love your new pictures of yourself Sara!

Matt's Blog said...

Sounds like it was a great success. I'm sure she'll never forget it!

Keri said...

How fun!! Kelsi would love that!

Cami said...

What a fun time. All fo my kids are constantly pointing out to me when some is not modestly dress. It does make you feel like your are doing something right.