Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sweet Alabama and Friends

I just got back late last night from an incredibly relaxing trip to Huntsville, Alabama. The trip was everything I hoped for--we lounged around, ate delicious food, celebrated our 32nd birthdays together, talked about life, got pedicures, watched "Sisterhood of the traveling pants," and even did a bit of shopping. Even though we spent 24 hours a day together we never ran out of things to talk about. Good friends are certainly a treasure!

Birch and the kids had a wonderful time together too. This morning at breakfast I asked the kids if they missed me--"not really" was their response. Guess it was okay for both of us to have a break from each other. Tyler celebrated his seventh birthday yesterday and he asked me this morning if I would go on a trip every year when it is his birthday. Hum...not sure what to make of that comment but I am glad Birch made it such a special day for him. Birch is an AWESOME Daddy!

Not much change on the kitchen...we are waiting for the professionals to get back with us on quotes.

For more details about my trip visit here.

10 comments:

meta said...

oh sara, i can't stop laughing - your kids are too funny and i can TOTALLY imagine YOU sitting next to me telling the story! Love you lots. it was a great weekend. thanks for your help with baby cat. you are a superstar mom and i'm ready to tell your kids they are so very lucky to call you mom!! :)

emily said...

I've loved seeing all the pictures. I really wanted to call you this afternoon but decided I'd give you a little more time to get back. I'll call tomorrow on my way home from class.

Cami said...

I think my kids would say the same thing if I were gone. I'm so glad you ladies had such a fabulous time together.

Matt's Blog said...

So cool that you did that! All the girls look great. What was N. Carolina like? Looks like good weather....

Annie Ditto said...

So much fun! What a great weekend! I looked at Kim's blog and saw the signs! I'm glad I could contribute to the fun :) They turned out super cute!

Nancy Clark said...

You guys look so great. Seeing you all together brings back so many memories... especially since you've all managed to escape the aging process!

Ditto's said...

Sara,
What a blessing to have such great friends! And I'm impressed that you guys make the effort to get together. Looks like you guys had a fabulous weekend! (Cole is looking at a picture of Nate on your blog right now and saying "is that me mom?" ) Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

Julia said...

Sounds so fun!!!! I'm glad you had such a great time.

Mama Nirvana said...

Wasn't it a blast??? I comfort myself also with the thought that my husband is a good daddy, and that is why my kids never miss me.

Amy

kg said...

Yup, good times...always :) Next time you come I promise to take you to Dollywood :)