Friday, November 9, 2007

Kitchen Demo Part II

I'm not sure how many "parts" this kitchen demo segment is going to have but I am hoping not too many more. We have been working hard this week. I think everything takes at least ten times longer when you add kids, work, colds, and life into a remodel. I am STILL without a sink and stove top but boy does our new backsplash look awesome.
Tuesday Alex and I hauled in 22 boxes of unfinished maple hardwood for the new kitchen floor. We were both exhausted by the end. It took us about an hour and half.
Monday Birch and I started tiling the backsplash. We've spent several late nights since then doing the finishing touches.Coop is displaying the almost finished backsplash. Since this picture was taken we have totally finished tiling and tonight we will do the grout work. We are planning on using a trick I read online--put the grout in a frosting bag so the grout does not get in all the crevasse's that are naturally in the travertine tile. The countertops are just about done. The wood trim work still needs to be stained but supposable that is supposed to happen today. The clock is ticking...

My parents are on their way here right now. We will grout tonight and then spend tomorrow rejuvenating the cabinets with some stain and new knobs. Monday Birch and another hired man will start in on the hardwood floor. I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE THIS PROJECT COMPLETED! Patience!!! I hoping that that sink and stove will go in tomorrow so I can at least run the dishwasher once before we are banned from the kitchen while the flooring is being done. By Thanksgiving we should have a beautiful kitchen!

8 comments:

Leah said...

WOW! I'm SO excited for you guys! This looks fabulous!

emily a. said...

That really does look fantastic. I love the backsplash- I love the style.

Jessica said...

I'm so happy to see pictures of all of this...it's looking amazing!

Nancy Clark said...

What hard workers! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Cami said...

It is looking so great. I love the back splash.

kg said...

Love the back splash and counters! Sara, it's all coming together and it looks fantastic! Can't wait to see the final results!

Mama Nirvana said...

Sara, I LOVE the travertine -- I've never seen it quite like that. You guys are just doing awesome!

Amy

Steve and Rachel said...

WOW! This is a major project! How rewarding though! Everything looks great!