Friday, November 30, 2007

Kitchen Finale

I've wanted to take a picture of how the kitchen turned out but getting the kitchen all presentable during daylight has been a challenge.

The hardwood proved to be quite the undertaking. Birch did a good chunk of the work. We ended up putting a water-based finish on since it is non-toxic. Not sure how we feel about that finish now--it scratches SUPER easy. At least we know how to refinish it in the future when the kids all move out! Birch sanding the finished maple hardwood floor.Quartz/Granite sink with oil-rubbed bronze fixtures.Walnut Travertine Backsplash with mushroom colored grout.Deepstar Agate Wilsonart Laminate countertop with hardwood edging and oil-rubbed bronze handles and knobs.
BEFORE AFTER

It was a huge undertaking and I am not sure that I could do it again anytime too soon. We LOVE the final outcome!!

13 comments:

Nancy Clark said...

Great work--it looks beautiful!

emily a. said...

It looks AMAZING! Love it. Love it. Love it. Great job.

Amy D. said...

Wow, Wow, Wow...Sara..it looks so great! I bet you love it!

Jensen Five said...

This looks incredible! I love how warm and inviting it is! Great job!

Leah said...

Amazing Sara and Birch. Good work, it's' a VAST improvement!

Matt's Blog said...

Turned out great! So nice to have it done. Seems like I noticed a new fridge that hasn't ever been mentioned before...

kg said...

It's beautiful Sara, I can see why you love it so much! Great choices!!!

Mama Nirvana said...

I love the colors and how it turned out. You are inspiring me!

Amy

Julia said...

That looks absolutely gorgeous! Well done!

Julie said...

Good work! I love the backsplash tile. I bet you love the refrigerator and the increased space! I love the look of wood floors but having a BIG dog makes that impossible for us. I bet your kids love sliding around in their socks!

Shonda said...

Turned out AWESOME!!! I like to peek in on your blog, because your family is always up to such cute, and impressive things. But...this one...wow. turned out beautiful. I love the tile.

Cami said...

It looks wonderful. I love the colors that you picked.

Fowler family said...

Wow!!! That is just beautiful! Love it!