Monday, November 5, 2007

Pressure of the oldest grandchild

This past summer you might remember me writing about our fun annual Ditto family reunion. The past several years we have enjoyed the water fun at Lake Cavanaugh. Anyway, today we had parent/teacher conferences for the three older kids. Each of them is doing wonderfully and the teachers had lots of good things to share.

When we met with Alex's teacher she was expressing how much she enjoys his writing. She shared the following piece with us that Alex wrote at the beginning of the school year. I thought it was too cute to not share. For those of you that know the Ditto family there is much joy (and pressure) to being named among the talented waterskiers. Personally I haven't skied for years--it takes a lot for me to want to dip myself in cold water.

If you click on the following you can feel Alex's joy, fear, and triumphant over his first experience waterskiing. I can just hear his grandpa cheering him on!

6 comments:

kg said...

I feel like I was scoring writing samples again :) That was great Alex, great voice! Keep up the good work.

emily said...

I enjoyed hearing the experience from Alex's voice too. I had no idea he thought about Birch's dad as much as he must. You guys must do a good job of keeping him alive in your family.

Annie Ditto said...

I totally relate to Alex's experience! i was totally freaked out the first time I went skiing! Great paper! I loved it and got all choaked up reading it! Of course, being pregnant, A LOT of things get me all choaked up!

Julia said...

That is so sweet. He's such a great kid.

Ditto's said...

Alex,
your so sweet. I know that you know that I love to copy you because you know that I already told you but you are so sweet. I enjoyed your letter about water skiing. you are great to be around. love your cousin Malia.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.