Sunday, February 3, 2008

All in a day's work

What does someone that is just twenty-one months old do all day for work? Cooper has found a plethora of ways to stay busy (and keep mom busy). He is at that perfect age where he is just the cutest thing one minute and then doing something that would drive me crazy the next minute. I have not wanted to photo document too many of these things in fear that it might reaffirm his actions.

How can mommy take a picture of a boy sucking on a tube of toothpaste while rubbing lotion all over his hair?

Would it be appropriate to take a picture of a boy standing on the outside edge of his highchair tray looking for the quickest way down?

How can mommy take a picture of a boy on top of the dining room table swinging on the chandelier?
Or should a mommy take a picture of a boy who pushed the dining room chair over to the window sill and then climbed into the chair and then onto the window ledge to get a better glimpse of his daddy and brothers sledding?
How can mommy take a picture of a cute boy dumping out all his drawers in order to find the perfect Sunday outfit?
Is it bad that mommy took a picture of a boy that dumped out two boxes of cereal and then sat in the middle enjoying the cocoa crispies while reading a book about Noah's Ark (in Portuguese)?
Is is bad that mommy took a picture of Coop after coming home from the ER Saturday night?
You might even think it is more disturbing that his responsible parents don't even really know how Coop got the bloody gash on his forehead. The other kids think he ran into the door jamb. Coop was such a brave boy at the ER. He never cried once after we cleaned the blood off of his face, in his eyes, and hair. I'd be lying if I didn't share that I was a bit bugged with myself after I learned that all they were going to do is super glue his head together. Last year I successfully glue his forehead together when he fell out of high chair. Honestly I am glad that we took him into the ER so I won't feel so bad with the scar that he is left with or in case something more needed to happen. But I would love to get my hands on a big gallon container of that numbing gel that Birch applied to his gash in the ER prior to the super glue action. You know...just in case we need it in the future.
So how could you not love a kid that is just so dang cute? Messes, injuries, ridiculous hospital bills, and lots of hugs and kisses!!!

14 comments:

Matt's Blog said...

Wow, he is one busy boy!

emily a. said...

Yikes- good thing he is so darn cute!

kg said...

Oh my!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the Mini Cooper has grown up. What a cutie!

Amy

Julia said...

WOW, I am so glad I am not the only one with an active toddler. I think it is so cool that you documented this. He will definitely get a kick out of this some day (hopefully you will find it funny too!) My first was like that and I often wonder how we would both make it through that fearless stage alive. He is so stinking cute. It would be very hard to ever get mad at him. It looks like quite a ride with that Cooper!

emily a. said...

I think Coop looks so much like like Gpa Howe in those last pictures- last one especially.

Leah said...

Oooh, I want to squish him!

Julia said...

What a little rascal. Those pictures are hysterical (except the ones with the bloody gash--that's kindof sad). I'm glad he's okay and can continue with his Portuguese studies.

Duludes said...

Wow I love this Post, just because I believe he is capable of all those things as I have experienced some of those when I was there a few weekends ago. The lotion or something in his hair, the cereal all over the floor. I'm just glad he didn't do the whole head injury while I was there.

The Borns said...

Thank you.... I'm so glad to know that Simon is not the only kid who should be nicknamed CRASH! As for the messes.... what can we say...your right, hugs and kisses! And God made them cute for a reason!!!!!!! Enough said! Coop... be good to your mama!

Cami said...

He definitely is very curious.

Meta said...

What a cutie! His smile is adorable.

Julie said...

What a little smarty- figuring out how to do two no-no's at once(toothpaste and lotion). I can't imagine how you guys must have felt seeing him all bloody. We've escaped any major head injuries so far (knock on wood) but have had our share of broken bones. Active kids are fun though, don't you think?!! Coop is adorable!

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe this story! I am laughing with tears. You are so funny Sara!!