Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Moo Car

2007 Blue Mirage Toyota SiennaMiddle row (8 passenger seating)
Deep cargo space

"Moo Car" is a phrase that can be frequently heard coming from Cooper's mouth. He LOVES riding in our "moo car" or new car. Yes, the search is finally done!! YAHOO!!! We sold our Town and Country Mini-van the weekend prior to purchasing our new car so it was a bit tricky being carless until our friends shared their Land Rover with us. Talk about a long drawn out process that ended up right where we started. We ended up purchasing our new 2007 Toyota Sienna from our very own Toyota lot right here in town.

The past two weeks have been blissful as we have cruised from activity to activity. We love the fun and useful features of the automatic sliding door, stow n' go seats (not that we will ever get to "stow" any), tons of storage space, three full size seats in the middle row, built-in DVD player, adjustable seats, 6 CD player (our first time having one in the car), etc... Our only complaint would be the really annoying car seats that I bought for Nate and Coop 92 days ago which could no longer be returned because they were 2 days past the return policy. SUPER ANNOYING!!! They are super hard to adjust, buckle, and everything must be done with two hands (adult hands). Nate will be sitting in the back seat after the baby is born and is supposed to be pretty independent in buckling himself in so I don't have to climb over the seat to help him each time. Seeing as car seats are so expensive but also are used on a daily basis I am not sure what we are going to do about this problem.

I had my 35 week doctor's appointment today and I am dilated to a one and 80% effaced. Looks like we are ready just in time for this little girl to join our family!

9 comments:

Leah said...

Wait---aren't you suppose to have her mid June??? Lay down.

Heidi said...

YAY! It's a beauty. Thanks for all your research. I wouldn't be suprised if others who read your blog end up with the same thing.
I can't wait to hear baby news from you too.

Jason Young said...

Fabulous Moo Car!! I love the color too! And how exciting about your baby! You guys are just full of good news!!

Mandy

Keri said...

Love the Moo Car!! I feel special that I got a ride in it the other day! :)

Matt's Blog said...

Thank goodness.....this problem was stressing me out! Congratulations...

emily a. said...

I can't wait to see you all stuffed in the car. That's exciting about the baby- I can't wait to see her!

Julie said...

How exciting for you guys! Ever since you first talked about the Toyota I've been watching for them around here. Looks great! Seeing how my '95 van is already considered totaled/salvaged because of a rear-ending a couple months ago, we might look for something newer too. I'm just not ready to take on a car payment right now. Atleast it's still driveable and doesn't look too bad.

kg said...

Nice Ride!!

Summer said...

Congratulations on the car! It sounds great. Back in January you posted about how you were going to start using Accountable Kids. I'm wondering how that is working out. We are thinking of using it, but before we make that investment (we don't have the woodworking and vinyl cutting skill you guys do)I wanted to find out if it's effective in real life. I hope you are feeling well and prepared for your imminent new arrival! summerdavidson@yahoo.com