Friday, June 20, 2008

Best if used by...

This family photo is just about to expire...
June 15, 2008
(front row: mom, Tyler (7.5), dad, Cooper (2); back row: Alysee (almost 6), Nate (4), Alex (almost 10)

I know I have a big ol' smile on my face in this picture but my family can attest that I have actually been a grump for several days now. Generally, my sleeping schedule has not been desirable for quite some time. In fact, last night I was excited when I woke up at 2:15 am as opposed to 4:00 am because I thought that it would be easier for me to fall back asleep. Nope, I am now beginning the day thoroughly exhausted and grouchy. What a nice combo!

My doctor's appointment was pretty uneventful yesterday afternoon. I'm ready to go and again my midwife says that she doesn't think I'll make it to my Saturday morning induction. I had some big time contractions in the evening but the night was fairly calm. I'm sure once I am up and moving today they will start again. The kids are all SO anxious and keep asking me if I think the baby will come today.

I've been asked by several friends if I am "ready." Each time I clean the bathroom or buy another gallon of milk I say to myself "if we could just stop eating, or wearing clothes, or letting the boys use the bathroom I could be ready." We did go to bed with clean toilets, the laundry all caught up, and I plan on buying some more milk today.

I remember several years ago my doctor telling me that they can usually tell when a woman is in "false" labor because she comes to the hospital with freshly painted toenails, shaved legs, sweet smelling lotions, and a smile on her face. All week I've considered skipping my showers and letting my chipped toe nails speak for themselves. I just couldn't do it, though. I've even been wearing deodorant all week.

Birch took Alex and Tyler rock climbing this morning at 6:00 am. He assures me the cell phone will work where they are going or he will turn around and come home. He knows his absence is a sensitive subject with me right now. We don't really have any other big plans for the day. Birch is off of work since we had hoped today would be the day. Guess it still could...

I'm so grateful for our friends here that have offered to care for the other kids at any hour. It is so nice to feel other's support and excitement during this time. Let's hope that by midmorning tomorrow Chloe is here in my arms!

8 comments:

KimiK said...

Good luck, Sara! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! I am so excited to see pictures of your sweet new baby girl. Yea!

The Cox Family said...

Thanks for posting a picture of the entire family. I can't wait to meet Chloe tomorrow :)

Keri said...

Your family is so cute!! Good luck with everything this weekend...have you tried castor oil?? :)

Heidi said...

Hang in there Sara. I'm so excited for you. Just hearing you describe those last days of pregnancy makes me feel tired. I'm thinking of you and love you lots.

The Borns said...

Sara... buck up soldier...your an old pro at all this! Grumpy, YOU? Don't believe it for a minute! Good luck... prayers for a quick, easy delivery and a full, fast recovery! Can't wait to see the pix of the new girl! You're SSSOOOOOOOO brave! You are an inspiration! Take care and God's blessings....(more than you already have)

Julia said...

I'll start doing my Labor Chant right away. Best of luck--I KNOW she'll come ASAP!

Annie Ditto said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel! (even though as a social worker I'm never supposed to say that!) I totally empathize with the non-sleep, grumpy day, forever wondering, etc. How reassuring to know that she will at the latest come tomorrow!! I am thinking of you!

Mama Nirvana said...

I can't wait to hear the news and see pictures! I'm sure by now you already have baby.

Love,
Amy