Two nights ago I was in a quandary over what to make for dinner. I had some hamburger buns but we have already eaten our far share of hamburgers and BBQ chicken sandwiches in the past couple of weeks. Hum...sloppy joes came to my mind. What a crazy thought it was since I have never really liked them and have NEVER attempted or been tempted to make them. My kids LOVE tacos; so I went to google and typed in Taco Sloppy Joes. I whipped up a batch with a very simple recipe and called them Taco Burgers (I knew the "sloppy joe" part might be an immediate turn off). As I dished them up and I could already imagine the whines and comments I was going to hear. Lo and behold after prayer they all opened their mouths and began eating the Taco Burger only to say "Mom, these are really good." I sat eating in shock the whole meal especially as Tyler (my pickiest eater) ate one and half sandwiches.
So I am passing on this recipe to you. Maybe it will be a new favorite at your household too. (I am still wondering if I were to make them again today would I get the same result?)
1 lb. ground beef (I used turkey burger)
1 pkt. (1-1/4 oz.) Taco Seasoning Mix
1 can tomato soup
8 hamburger buns, split
BROWN meat; drain. Add seasoning mix and soup. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 min., stirring occasionally.
FILL buns with the meat mixture.
Here's another tasty muffin recipe that I made for dinner last night and served up with homemade Egg McMuffins and applesauce.
Banana Crumb Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder , cinnamon, and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and oil. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.