Thursday, June 5, 2008

My daytime buddies

Dragons Nate and Coop May 2008

With school getting out early next week I can't help but think about how I'll be losing my two daytime buddies. No, they won't be going anywhere but it won't be the same with all the other kids home and a new baby. The three of us have done a lot of fun things throughout the year. Not only have we made it to the library and storytime almost weekly but we have had plenty of trips to the grocery store, lunches at daddy's work, playdates at the park, etc... I'll miss the quiet moments on the couch reading stories before naptime (I'm sure both of those things will still be happening, it's just that they will no longer be "quiet moments.") I sure love these two boys!

Honestly I am a bit scared about the summer arriving next week. I've always planned and carried out fun activities and academic lessons throughout the summer for the kids. Can I keep up the tradition with a new baby and a potentially worn out mom? This past week I've been busy preparing summer lessons for each day of the week; hopefully Alex can help by being the substitute teacher during the summer when I need an extra hand. I found an AWESOME website that has lots of great homeschooly type lessons for each day of the week that I will be using this summer. It is geared for the younger audience but I think Alex and Tyler will still have fun and be able to participate. Now if I can just gear myself up for loading six kids in the car and actually going to do something fun...that might be a different story.

Side note: I'm just shy of being 37 weeks prego today. At my appointment this morning I was 90% effaced and still dilated to a one. We're planning on Chloe Ruth Ditto (name still subject to change) being born on Friday, June 20th. I've done my best to plan...now we will just have to see who is in charge : )

11 comments:

emily a. said...

That's a really cute picture. I wish I was 37 weeks along- so exciting! I love the name Chloe and think it's a great pick!

Heidi said...

Sara you are such an amazing mother. If anyone can pull themselves together it's you. Can't wait to see your little girl. Love the name and your boys are so adorable.

Matt's Blog said...

You are amazing Sara.

Keri said...

I have always been jealous that you picked the day that your babies were born!!! Love the baby name, by the way. Thanks for the summer ideas, I need all the help I can get!

Mama Nirvana said...

So happy you posted this! I just started planning our summer days.

Chloe's birth is going to happen just the way it is supposed to. Hang in there these last few days. Seems like babies are so much easier to take care of when they are on the inside (but so much more fun when they are on the outside).

Hugs,
Amy

Cami said...

I know that you're going to do such a great job. I love the older siblings. They are such good helpers. Good luck with the new one.

Amanda said...

What is the name of the web site you are using. I am wanting to do the same thing with my kids this summer too! I understand missing the quiet moments with the little ones. Everyday when the girls nap and Ethan is in school Brock and I have a good couple of hours of reading Little house on the Prarie and crafts... any other fun thing he wants to do. Just the tow of us. I have really enjoyed this time and will miss it. Not just during the summer but he will be in 1st grade next year so he won't be home at lunch time anymore!!! I will miss that!

EMR said...

I love the name--for some reason I'm rather partial to Chloe's myself :)

Lisa Rampton Halverson said...

Wow, Sara. You are such a fantastic mom!

Good luck with the approach of the 20th! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. We're excited to be introduced (even if only virtually at this point) to Chloe!

Julia said...

Sara, you are absolutely amazing. I'm sure there will be some rough moments, but like another commenter said, if anyone can do it, it's you!

Stephanie said...

Hi Sara,
Your mom sent me an email with this webiste from you! Thank you so much, the links are incredible! I'm feeling much more optimistic about our level of activity this summer!
Good luck with your soon-to-be baby girl! Chloe is a beautiful name!
Take care!