Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Look what's growing at our house!

This past weekend Alex turned 10 years old! We sure filled the day with LOTS of fun activities. Since I am not much of a cake girl and Alex loves cinnamon rolls we enjoyed a Papa Murphy's cinnamon wheel for Alex's "cake." We started off the day with my Aunt and Uncle visiting from Colorado with my cousin's kids, then we headed to the family fun center, and then off to McDonald's. After we snarfed down lunch our friends the Coxes joined us for the afternoon, Birch took the kids swimming (yes, seven kids on his own), and then we had a pizza movie party. I think Alex's favorite gift was a new lefty baseball mitt and a bag of baseballs.

Alex sure changed our lives for the better when we was born ten years ago. Though his labor is not one that I like to remember, the feeling of love that we instantly felt toward him is unforgettable. He is a great example to his siblings and a very loving brother. I can't believe he is 10!
In the morning we went to the family fun center and rode the go-carts, bumper boats, and did a few arcade games. Alysee and I were quite the wild drivers!
Coop really did NOT enjoy getting wet on the bumper boats. Although this picture doesn't really show it, he did really love the arcade games and horsey ride.
Tyler and Birch won first place in the go-cart race. I'm stayin' off the road once Tyler gets his license.Family picture (minus Chloe who was being babysat by some friends) after the bumper boat attack.

Look what else is growing...

Our garden in May 2008.Our garden today--July 2008. We've got sugar snap peas, basil, corn, cucumbers, beans, strawberries, blueberries, tons of tomatoes, squash up the ying-yang, pumpkins, watermelon, and cantaloupe. Oh yes, and my favorite...the zinnias.

And let's not forget Chloe...

4 weeks old - time is just flying. Chloe is such a good baby (as she is now crying in the background). Really, we are SO SUPER DUPER grateful!! She sleeps, eats, and poops. Nights aren't so awesome but they never have been with a Ditto newborn. We just love her to pieces!!
Capturing one of Chloe's first smiles. They are far between but we are pretty sure that they are FOR REAL. Check out those cheeks...I might be making 2% milk this time as opposed to the skim supreme in the past.

10 comments:

Leah said...

SOOO excited to see pictures of the mini. I've been missing her.

Happy Birthday to Alex.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to tell you that I'm pretty sure you're the only person I know that uses the word "snarf" on a regular basis.

Matt's Blog said...

Wow! 10 Years....I remember holding him for the first time. You guys through a great party! I've always had my suspicions about Tyler and driving...thanks for confirming!

Chloe is beautiful! If you'd like any parenting advice...please don't hesitate to call. We've been doing it for 5 months tomorrow...:)

The Borns said...

Great job on every single one of the Ditto clan! They are all super cute (except the 10 year old boy, whom I'm sure would prefer... handsome, cool..anything but cute!) And out at the fun park ony 4 weeks after delivery... Go, Sara Go!!!!!!!!!! I have to say.... I LOVE the Ditto blog!

emily a. said...

I had so many things to comment on until the pictures of Chloe- oh my gosh, she is so cute! She has chubbed up and is looking more like a baby than a newborn. She's also looking more like a little Ditto too- that smile is adorable.

I'm sorry I didn't call Alex on his birthday. I was thinking of you. I remember getting the call from Mom in Munich, Germany telling me my first nephew was born. That was so exciting!

Mama Nirvana said...

Happy Birthday, Alex! What a beautiful family you have Sara -- Chloe is the perfect addition!

Amy

Julie said...

What a fun gang! The go carts is a great way to spend a birthday! Chloe is so adorable and those were great close ups of her face! Keep working on that 2% milk! That was so funny...and congratulations on your garden! It will help feed all your little chicks =}

A big happy family said...

She is too Cute!! Looks like Alex had a great birthday!

kg said...

Love what you've grown...all of it!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Alex. It seems so strange that our kids are getting so old.
I wish I could come partake of some of that beautiful garden. It's a beauty as are all your little ones. How fun to see what happens when you produce cream Sara. LOL! What a doll.

Cami said...

Can't believe how quickly this growing up goes.