Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Girls

This morning the girls and I (plus tag-a-long Cooper) went on a date to the doctor's office. Alysee was having her well-child check up for turning six, a month ago and Chloe was having her two month or what for us was her 12 week check up.
Beautiful Alysee actually made it on the height and weight chart this year. She is 41 5/8th inches tall (3 % National Average) and 32.5 pounds (1% National Average). She was quite the trooper when she found out that she needed to get two vaccinations.
Alysee is a fun-loving girl who loves life! I was just visiting with her first grade teacher this morning and her teacher was raving at what a good student and friend she is. When Alysee gets home from school she loves to play "teacher" and instruct all the kids (which sometimes are her siblings, other times stuff animals). Yesterday she found that if she wipes water on her eye brows they look darker, which she has decided is quite pretty.

Alysee was cracking me up the other day when she was trying to make braces for her cute little teeth out of a hair rubber band. Why is it that you want braces so bad when you are a child? She asked me for some suggestions but I didn't disclose how my sisters and I used to make braces out of the wire twisty ties. She enjoys taking care of Chloe for short periods of time and has the capacity to be a great sister. Watch out if you catch her on a bad note, though--we still have not figured out what triggers "Wild Alysee."
Our sweet Chloe Ruth is twelve weeks old. It kind of makes me sad how fast she is growing up (just a little sad, though). Chloe is 22.5 inches long (23% National Average) and her weight is 10 lbs 7 oz (14% National Average).
Chloe seems right on target with her growth milestones. She loves to suck on her fingers and make happy cooing sounds.
She surprised us last week when she started rolling over from front to back. She has a very strong neck which I am sure is attributed to her tummy sleeping (yes, I know that is a "no, no"). She nurses during the day and then has a bottle of formula at night before going to bed. Regularly she'll fall asleep around 9 or 10 pm and then wake up around 3 am for her next feeding. Then round two of suckling comes around 6 am. During the day she'll normally take two longs naps, though I still wouldn't say that we have a predictable schedule yet.
Overnight she also became our resident worm. We found out in quite a sad way when she quietly scooted off of my bed after waking up from a nap and landed not so quietly on her poor little noggin'. Mommy felt really bad about that!
We love both of our girls and all that they add to our family! It's a challenge keeping up with all those painted toes but we are trying our best : )

10 comments:

kg said...

What sweet, sweet girls! I love how you are all bows, flowers and nail polish :)

emily a. said...

How can you not love girls? I'm getting so excited to see you all soon. LOVE all the matching dresses Chloe and Sage have.

The Ditto clan said...

They sure are cute girls!!

Keri said...

Kelsi loves the last picture with the toes...she wants to do one when our baby gets here. :)

The Borns said...

Darling toes! Shhh... don't tell, but we used to use paper clips! (for the braces I mean!) Too funny, brought back laughable memories! Love the post!

Amy D. said...

Ok Sara...I AM DYING!!! Livi..you know my 3 year old, weighs more than your 6 year old. Too funny. Send her to the fat farm.

Matt's Blog said...

I'm dying to meet Chole...great pictures!

Leah said...

Beautiful girls from a beautiful mommy. Can't wait to see you!

Elyse said...

So So CUTE => Both those little ladies are stunners, and I just love the toes-ies => Secretly I hope for one more little lady to fill our home with slightly more estrogen than testosterone => shh though...
PS: LOVE those baby boys too though!

Meta said...

I'm paiting Abby's toes tomorrow - I think I've only done that once! Can you believe it?