Thursday, September 11, 2008

Red, White, and Blue

It hit me last night during one of Chloe's late night feedings that today would be September 11th. As I laid in bed I began thinking of how grateful I am that I live in America.

I remember so vividly the phone call from Birch after the terrorist attack. The following weeks I was consumed with sorrow; a bit of fear; worry if I should protect the kids from the news and media covering the attack or keep them in their safe bubble; a sense of wanting to be close to family; a rally of Americans all coming together; and of course, and overwhelming feeling that...

I am grateful to be an AMERICAN!! This feeling will never go away!
The view from our front door this morning--our flag proudly hangs and we admire God's beauty of Mount Adams

3 comments:

Ditto Family said...

i am proud to be an American to. the picture of the flag looking at mt.Adams is amazing!

Julie said...

I love this picture! Very inspiring.

Andrea said...

This is a nice post, Sara, and a good reminder to be grateful for this country. I enjoy reading (lurking on) your blog -- your family seems to have a fun time together! To answer your question, you are welcome to link to my blog & the post you mentioned. And thanks for the compliment!