Saturday, November 1, 2008

To Zion and Back

The last two weeks just flew by and I am now just getting a chance to post about our trip to Utah for my littlest sister's wedding. This is a wedding that has been anticipated for a little over two years. My sister Laura and her now husband Jared Watts both decided to serve missions for our church before they tied the knot. Just six weeks after returning from their missions they planned a whirlwind wedding and we were able to be there for this wonderful day.
[DSC_0009.jpg]
My beautiful sister Laura and handsome husband Jared (Thanks Matt for taking this great picture!)

It was one loooooooong drive to Logan, Utah but the kids did AWESOME in the car. Chloe, who is not a car seat lover did great--and we didn't even drug her. We were able to take a pit stop both ways at Birch's sister's home in Caldwell, Idaho. It was so fun to see their new home and let the kids play with their cousins.
Alysee's dress was made by my super duper talented seamstress mom. She actually created this dress from a women's dress that she bought at a consignment store. It matched all the little girls' dresses perfectly. Alysee felt like a princess all day!
Following all the wedding fun in Logan we headed to Salt Lake City. We were able to again stay with my adopted in-laws (they are actually my sister Emi's in-laws but they have been so gracious to us and have allowed us to take over the basement several times now). We were able to take the kids to Temple Square for the afternoon.
I love this picture of the kids admiring the Christus statue.
This picture was taken in December of 2004--my has our family grown since then! (actually Nate was born by that time but missed being in the picture)

Highlights of our trip would be the multiple stops for fast food, hike up to Zion's peak, dinner at IHOP with the Wrights, miniature golfing with cousins, doctor's appointment with Dr. Fairbanks, lunches at Grandma Gina and Rudy's home, stop overs in Caldwell, ID...but our favorite of all would be spending time with all our extended family!!!

Last but not least a farewell shot of our family! Wonder woman Leah (aka. my sister) took some great shots of our family for our Christmas card.

9 comments:

emily a. said...

I've been waiting for this update. Love the last picture. I know I need to post alot too but i'm going to have to do some more last min research for voting tomorrow. Can't wait to see you!

Leah said...

I've been waiting too for this. We miss you guys!!

Matt's Blog said...

Loved seeing you all and spending time! I miss those little kids!

Robyn said...

Your family is just so dang CUTE!

Duludes said...

Great family Picture can't wait for my Christmas Card. I love your cute shoes.

kg said...

Love the updates!!! Excited to see your Christmas card :)

Heidi said...

I love your family picture. I'm glad you survived all the events. I don't know how you do it Sara.

Julie said...

If I would have known, you could have stopped by my place! I live just 40 minutes north of SLC. Just a couple miles off the freeway! I would have put the dogs in the laundry room just for you! :) Maybe next time. It was a beautiful time to be in Utah. The fall leaves were just beautiful weren't they.

Julie said...

If I would have known, you could have stopped by my place! I live just 40 minutes north of SLC. Just a couple miles off the freeway! I would have put the dogs in the laundry room just for you! :) Maybe next time. It was a beautiful time to be in Utah. The fall leaves were just beautiful weren't they.