Monday, November 24, 2008

Two Peas in a Philidelphia Pod

I can't believe how quickly time has flown by since my wonderful escape to Philadelphia. Chloe and I made the long 16 hour trek to visit my sister Emily, husband Ryan, and darling niece Sage for just about a week long adventure.
The two of us had such a good time together. Chloe definitely enjoyed being an only child for the week. She honestly only cried once the whole week. What's to cry about when mom is at your beck and call? She got to snuggle all day with me, sleep in my arms, stay up late, and eat good food (I'm sure she enjoyed my milk after I ate that delicious meal at "Famous Daves.")
Emily, Ryan, and Sage were awesome hosts. They treated me like royalty. I even got to pick out my favorite juice for breakfast (Dole Mango, Orange, Peach juice).
Ryan was so cute with his two little girls. As you can see, Chloe loved him but Sage wasn't so sure how she felt about sharing her daddy.
Chloe worked hard at showing off for her cousin. She is getting a little more stable when sitting. You can see from the big drool coming off of her chin that she is one slobbery girl.
Chloe also loved all of Sage's cool toys. Sage had lots of stuff that made noise which Chloe doesn't usually get to play with because we have lots of kids who make noise at our house.
Yes, Chloe is a tummy sleeper. Mommy and Daddy know we are naughty.
Blurry, but cute picture of the Sunday girls.
Chloe and Sage are just three weeks apart. Currently Chloe has a little more thigh and cleavage action than Sage. Sage on the other hand has about an extra three or four inches in length. I can't wait to see these two cousins grow up together.

So what did I do all week. Just what I wanted...not much of anything. Emily and I made a list at the beginning of the week of all we wanted to do. It consisted of: watching a movie during the day, going to IKEA , Target, the Outlets, eating at Olive Garden, and laying around and reading. We were very productive and accomplished each one of those things. Most of all it was wonderful to spend time with Emi and her family. Emi and Ryan have a wonderful relationship and are such good parents to Sage.

I came home feeling refreshed but then I honestly went into a little depression once reality hit about two seconds after arriving home. I'm feeling cheerier this week, though and super grateful to my wonderful husband who took care of the kids while I was gone. The kids had half days of school while I was gone and they kept Birch busy with bowling, eating at McDonalds and lots of time playing together. For Family Home Evening the kids and Birch made me the most special book about why they love me--I know I feel bad now that I just wrote that I was grumpy for the following week after getting home. Not only was I greeted with a beautiful thoughtful book, I also came home to a spotless house. Birch scrubbed up everything while I was gone.

I am truly blessed!! Emily and Ryan, thank you so much for spoiling Chloe and I rotten. It was fun to be a spoiled brat for a week!!!

7 comments:

Leah said...

What a fun trip!! I'm sure it was more relaxing without Lucy and I around. We're kind of high maintenance.

Mama Nirvana said...

Sounds like heaven. I have loved seeing the pictures (but there are none of you). Seems like I haven't talked to you in forever, Sara.

Miss you,
Amy

emily a. said...

We are serious sinners for not getting a picture together. How could we have forgotten that?

We all LOVED having you here but especially me. I loved having you to chat with all day long and share the joys of motherhood with. You and Chloster are welcome any time!

Keri said...

Sounds like you had great time. I was just thinking I need a trip like that...maybe after this baby comes! :)

Cami said...

What a great time.

Julia said...

The two girls are so cute together! I especially love the Sunday dress picture.

Lisa Rampton Halverson said...

So fun to have Sage and Chloe so close in age (like Anna's Johnny and Sara's Jasper). Maybe they'll end up like Sara and her cousin Emily -- they would spend girls camp weeks together, fight and laugh the whole time, and cry their eyes out when the week ended and they had to separate.

It will be fun!