Tuesday, January 27, 2009

One cute peanut

Chloe just turned seven months old. What a sweet little girl she is! I recently took her in for her six month check up and she was 24" tall (in the 2% bracket), 12 pounds 11 ounces (1% bracket), and her head was 41.5 cm. (14% bracket). We have been seeing a new doctor the last several months that isn't really familiar with our kids. She is nervous about Chloe being such a little peanut but I tried to reassure her that if she were to pull up the other kids' records she would find the same stunted growth pattern and the similar % on the growth chart bracket. She really looks very proportionate but they want to watch her growth a little more closely. Here's the catch that I am very familiar with -- at this point my kids do not get bigger for quite a while since they get mobile. I was telling Birch that I think I should have become a doctor because I feel like I have become quite good at self-diagnosing, etc...
Chloe has been sitting like a pro for a couple of months now. She doesn't seem to slobber quite as much as she used too--thank goodness.
We started introducing solid foods a couple of months ago and Chloe was really not interested for several weeks. We finally threw out the plain old oatmeal cereal and started her on some tasty smooth veggies and she just took off.

I just wrapped up nursing this week since Birch and I are heading off on a fun kid less excursion next week. I was down to nursing just once a day (and did I mention that for several months now Chloe would only nurse on one side--yeah, I look cute) so it wasn't too big of a deal to quit all together. Chloe doesn't seem to mind as long as she still gets to have a bottle. I was a tad sad but I've gotten over it.
Feeding Chloe could be compared with feeding a fan on high speed. She is so interested in looking at everything that her head is turning in all directions. I've felt very spoiled because a neighbor gave us a bunch of store bought baby food and it has been so nice to have everything all ready to go.
For about a month now Chloe has been crawling. Certainly not your high speed crawler but crawling none the less.
She crawls fastest when she is mad. I call it Anger Crawling. Note the cute little Cindy-Lu hair du.
Nate just loves his little sister. He is so good at playing with her.
Alysee is really enjoying the "mothering" role too. She is often found walking around with Chloe on her hip. Chloe is a true hip baby. She isn't very happy for very long entertaining herself (thus the anger crawling when she is trying to come find me), and would much rather be on my hip or Alysee's observing the world. Alysee did drop Chloe once but Alysee assured me that Chloe didn't hit the edge of the piano and that she felt really bad about it. Chloe was mad about it but seems to have forgiven Alysee.
Chloe goes down to bed around 8 pm and then usually wakes up around 5-6 am. When she was nursing she usually good go back to sleep for an hour or so after being nursed in bed. Recently she seems to have decided that she is an early bird and doesn't really want to go back to sleep until her morning nap. I'm hoping to change that...guess we will have to see who wins. She naps twice a day--usually from 9:30 am - 12:30 pm and then again from 2:30 pm until around 4:30 pm. I love it once the kids get on a schedule. It is great having Coop and her both taking a nap in the afternoon at the same time. Nate is no longer napping but plays well on his own if I need some time to myself.

Side Note: Our camera is on the blitz and since our computer was chomped up by a virus a couple of weeks ago we currently do not have photoshop. Thus the very untouched photographs. Hopefully we can figure out something about our camera problem because we LOVE taking pictures and get photoshop up and running soon.

14 comments:

Robyn said...

Can't believe she's so tiny! FUN! Mine are all off the chart in the other direction - and it complicates things . . . too heavy for all the baby gear; wearing a 2T before they're 9 months old, etc.

And "so glad" to hear that Alysee dropped Chloe. Sage dropped Asher the other day. It wasn't pretty. I nearly died . . . .

And as for sleep - we too are going to bed at between 7-8 and getting up at 5. Too bad we don't have predictable naps though --I'm jealous.

I think you're AMAZING. Hope that I do 6 kids as well as you do.

Mama Nirvana said...

I'm finding myself a little bit jealous after reading this. I usually am just able to chalk up my lack of sleep and constantly sore nipples to just trying to enjoy this last baby.

Chloe is just cute as a button! I love her tiny smile.

Amy

PS: My kids are on the small side too (like 5-10%). It all works out in the end.

emily a. said...

We just had our 6 month check up and the doctor told us the same thing about Sage being a skinny minnie. Chloe is so dang cute. I wish I could see her crawl.

kg said...

What a cute little peanut! Fun to have enough hair to put in a rubber band.

Leah said...

She is sooooooo cute!!!!

Heidi said...

What a cutie. I love the picture of Alysee holding her. I used to do that with any little baby I could. I toted my brothers everywhere with me. What a sweet family you have Sara.

Julia said...

Anger crawling--that's hilarious. SHe is adorable!!!!

The Ditto clan said...

She sure is a cute peanut!

Dunstan Family said...

We missed you today at church. What Dr. are you going to see? I hope you are doing well. :)

Dunstan Family said...

We missed you today at church. What Dr. are you going to see? I hope you are doing well. :)

Dunstan Family said...

We missed you today at church. What Dr. are you going to see? I hope you are doing well. :)

Keri said...

Hey! Are you feeling any better? We sure missed you on Sunday, especially since we picked the day so that YOU would be there!! :) Love the pics of Chloe, she is a little doll!

Kimball and Marianne Larsen said...

She's so cute! I have to pass it on that Blurb is now compatible with Blogger again! Wahoo! I was dreading having to learn a whole new program. Hopefully it lasts...

Julie said...

When do you get to take a nap? I still need them a couple times a week and my baby is two! I just put a post about him on my blog. They grow up so fast! I love the cute pictures of Chloe. My daughter used to tote my youngest around as well and she fell twice while holding him going down the stairs. Then again, I tripped over the garden hose while holding Dallin. I guess he is attending the school of hard knocks!