Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Whoever knew going potty was going to be such a delightful experience?

Okay, so I know there are a lot of more important things to journal about but this remodel stuff in addicting and I just have to share the completion of the hallway bathroom and then I will get back to stuff that really matters.

The same man that did our master bath did all the work in this bathroom as well (give me a call and I'll hook you up). Birch and I had plenty of finishing touches to do this weekend before calling it done.

Before:
So this bathroom didn't have any nasty issues that the master bath but it was just a bit outdated; dressed in baby blue and adorned in brass.

After:

When Birch hung the new lights and went to touch up the paint we found that this bathroom was not painted in the same hue as the rest of the house. Five minutes before the paint store closed I ran in with a swatch of my curtain material and picked out a new paint color. I am not one to make fast decisions and tend to stay with the safe taupe and white colors but "thornton sage" paint was calling my name. It took me all yesterday to decide that "yes, it was a good choice." The knobs were all bought in a lot deal from ebay.
I feel so blessed to have so many talented family and friends. All the photographs in the bathroom are by the very talented Kimberly Greenfield. Check out her website to add some awesome photography to your house. When I saw the large dogwood print I just knew that it would be the perfect addition to our new bathroom. I love the freshness of all the colors in the bathroom.
The lighting isn't great in this photo. I sewed up this little curtain for the window and found the shower curtain at TJ Max. We currently don't have any towels worthy of this bathroom; hard to hang up old swim towels when everything else is so pretty and coordinated.
New light fixtures were an awesome deal at Costco.
The tile on the floor is Montagna Belluno 12 In. x 12 In. glazed porcelain purchased at Home Depot. The accent 2 X 2 tiles in the four inch block are Montagna Cortina also from Home Depot. The grout color is light smoke.
Countertop (Wilsonart High Definition Deepstar Bronze laminate) is from the rest of the piece that we used in the master bath with a maple wood edging. I was able to purchase it from Great Floors since they beat the price of other competitors. The new faucets were purchased at Costco.

The basement bathroom is calling my name loudly but I think it will have to be put on hold for a little bit. Who knew remodeling would be so addicting (especially when it doesn't take all of your husband's precious free minutes when he is home)?

8 comments:

kg said...

Sara, it's beautiful! I'm shocked how fast you got those printed :) I'm always impressed with the home improvement projects you and Birch take on and accomplish! Can't wait to see more!

Leah said...

You ARE on a roll! I can't believe it! I looks amazing!

Leah said...

I think a nickel brushed towel rack would look awesome in there too!

Julia said...

Wow, what a change! It looks awesome!

emily a. said...

What happened to the apple shower curtain? It looks great. I'm calling you today- it's been too long.

Cami said...

Beautiful and nice job. What a great feeling.

Keri said...

Love it! Your house looks more beautiful every day :)

Julie said...

I love the finding of great deals as well- especially if they are to make the house look better. It all looks gorgeous!