Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Some days are just...tough

I bought myself flowers today and placed this quote next to them...24/7 motherhood is tough; some days I just want to turn in my retirement papers.
________________
"Motherhood is just another name for sacrifice. From the moment the wee, helpless babe is laid on the pillow beside her, Mother daily, hourly, gives of her life to her loved one...All through the years of babyhood, childhood, and youth, aye, even after her daughters become mothers and her sons, fathers, she tenderly, lovingly sacrifices for them her time, her comfort, her pleasures, her needed rest and recreation, and, if necessary, health and life itself! No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother's love." --David O. McKay

6 comments:

Cami said...

I couldn't agree more.

Mama Nirvana said...

I hope your bouquet is as beautiful as your quote.

Amy

emily a. said...

Fresh flowers can do wonders. Next time you should buy flowers and then lock yourself in your closet and call your sister!

Leah said...

I agree. Hey-you get mom points today for the library and the cookies for sure!

Keri said...

I have had a rough couple of days, maybe some flowers would help me to feel better!! Good idea, great quote!

Robyn said...

I agree. Sometimes it IS almost impossible to see the forest because of the trees.

And if you find those retirement papers, send me some!