Thursday, June 25, 2009

Piano Man

The big kids just had their first piano recital this past week. Alex, Tyler, and Alysee started lessons in January. We found a really sweet lady that comes to our house each week for a killer deal. Alex has picked it up quite quickly due to his trumpet playing. Tyler and Alysee have done a fine job too. My sister-in-law made us some vinyl lettering to go on the keys to help the kids learn their finger placement. After this last recital we're thinking that it might be time to take them off since two of the kids looked at the keyboard with a bit of a blank stare.

I'd love to put in my own bubble captions by each of their faces but I'm thinking for long term sakes I'll just leave it to you to fill in the blanks. The recital was a patriotic theme. I can't wait until they can play something really beautiful!

3 comments:

emily a. said...

I liked making up my own captions as well. So funny.

Mama Nirvana said...

Take those letters off the keyboard!

I LOVE their expressions and their matching outfits. I REALLY need to get John started, but I keep forgetting.

Amy

Matt's Blog said...

How do you do it all?