Friday, October 23, 2009

Monkey broke the record

On Sunday Alysee broke the family record of sleeping-in. Alex had held out as the winner for the past three years of sleeping-in until 10:30 am after recovering from a surgery.

Alysee was sawing logs until 11:15 am. HOLY COW!!! I couldn't believe it! I kept checking on her to make sure she was breathing. The even better part was that she woke up in a stellar happy mood.
She also earned her date with dad by completing her jobs for ten days. Alysee had a great time showing off all her "monkey" playground skills. I never knew Alysee has a "tongue" thing when concentrating.

This girl sure loves her daddy!

7 comments:

emily a. said...

I love how these pictures capture Alysee being fun and playful.

Ditto Family said...

I hope I can break the record again!--Alex

Mama Nirvana said...

Oh, to have kids that sleep in!!! I guess it only takes one who likes to get up early, though, to rock the boat. These pictures of Alysee are so special. I love every one!

Amy

Julia said...

These are really great pictures. She looks so happy. I can't imagine having a child sleep until 11:15am. That would be amazing! It would probably freak me out too. I am glad to hear that you are all recovering from the swine flu. Take it easy.

Elyse said...

So cute! She is such a beauty and what energy I wish I could sleep in until 1115! That would be heaven.

Matt's Blog said...

She is so cute!

Lisa Rampton Halverson said...

Love her smile. So I want to know more about this incentive: if a child does her chores 10 days in a row, she gets a special date with Mom or Dad?