Friday, January 8, 2010

Carefree

I'm thinking back to carefree days...running in the park barefoot, dancing till I was exhausted at stake dances, sleepovers, ramen noodles at midnight with my brother Matt after stake dances, EFY, babysitting, late nights of homework, reading Teen magazine with my sisters, trips to the beach with friends, youth conferences...

I just download Eternal Flame by the Bangles and I am swept over with the past. Then I look around the house and see all the pillows in the house mounded up to make a fort, Chloe walking around with a poopy diaper, PTA stuff waiting for me to finish, breakfast dishes in the sink, potty laundry waiting to be switched to the dryer...and I remember carefree is just a bit different these days. I long a bit for the past and then I am reminded of how blessed I am. Blessed...I truly am!

6 comments:

The Trumans said...

I miss those carefree days too sometimes! Thanks for the 80s flashback. How I miss stake dances...*sigh*

Mama Nirvana said...

Oh, Sara! The memories! Wouldn't it be fun to be our young selves for just a few days?

Amy

Mary Jane said...

OK--I remember this song; but my kids were starting their senior year of COLLEGE so my carefree days were just ahead of me.

Matt said...

Wow.....just wow. By the way...I forgot about the Ramen thing. Good memory!

emily a. said...

I think Dad still wears those sunglasses. And the jumper, oh the plaid, pastel jumper.

Even though you are my sister I still love to see these old pictures and love to remember those old days too.

Whenever I hear the Carpenters I can't help but think of cleaning to our blasting record player. We have lots of good memories to carry us over the not-so-carefree times!

kg said...

I must of missed this post somehow? Look at you run Sara, remember the long curly hair...you probably had painted finger nails too :)