Saturday, September 4, 2010

First Day of School Bliss

Really, I wasn't the only one feeling the exciting jitters of going to the first day of school. It was a great summer but we were all ready for school to start again.

First out the door...
Alex started JUNIOR HIGH this year; I can't believe it! There was a little rearranging at all the schools this year so all the seventh graders were bumped up to Junior High. Alex was excited and a tad nervous. So far he has loved all his teachers and hanging out with his friends. Alex was already nominated "Panther of the Month" for being such a courteous classmate.

Next out the door...
Tyler, Alysee, and Nate Tyler was off to fourth grade this year. He is on the cross walk patrol and feeling mighty honored about that. It's going to be a tough year with almost daily homework but he as been doing awesome so far. Alysee entered third grade this year. She has an awesome teacher that is full of bubbly joy, just like Alysee. Alysee's favorite thing about going back to school is definitely her gigantic social life. Nate has the best first grade teacher ever! We love her and are so glad to get her one more time before she retires next year. We already got a letter from Nate's teacher sharing that, "Your Nate is a delight! He is so serious! He is eager to learn and always listening…and thinking! Thank you for sharing him with me."


Finally out the door...Coop started Pre-school the week after the kids started school. Coop asked me at least 3 million times this summer if it was almost time for him to go to school. He is going to a friends small in-home preschool and relishing every moment.

Then the door slammed shut...
Chloe would have loved to have gone to any of the kids schools. She cried each time I would pack her back up and head home for nap time.
I'm not really grouchy in this picture...just pondering.

Mommy is relishing the 3 times a week 2 hours of "free" time. Honestly my life has been just about as busy as ever. My mouth is currently full of cankers which means I am juggling too much and need to cross a few major things off so I can breathe a bit more. One of these days when Coopy goes to preschool and Chloe is napping I am going to sit in my new comfy chair in my room and read a book. Until then...I'm going to love having two hours that I don't feel guilty that I am working on a project and not ignoring a hollering child.

5 comments:

Mama Nirvana said...

You are amazing, Sara! Look at all of your beautiful, happy children! They are so lucky to have a wonderful mom like you.

Amy

kg said...

Let's catch up on the phone on one of your free days :)

emily a. said...

You do have a busy life. Thanks for making time for me and my family admits it all.

laura said...

Sara and Birch, you are raising a wonderful family!

Julia said...

Sara, you are amazing. Congrats on your little bit of "free" time!