Sunday, February 20, 2011

Inside the head of this sweet girl

It's fun to watch your kids develop their own personalities and see what traits they inherited from each parent. Alysee has always had a very strong personality. Many would say that as a middle child that she might become unnoticed...this certainly does not seem to be the case in our family. Alysee is a social bug. She loves going to school so she can see her friends and soak up all her teacher shares each day. Alysee LOVES animals and tells me often that I "would be the best mom ever if I would get her a dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She loves to come home from school or church and instruct her other siblings in intricate lesson plans.
Alysee also LOVES to make lists...mostly day plans of what she will create. If she has a friend over to play she has already planned every second of their time together. For several weeks now when she goes to bed she has been writing up a "day plan" that she carefully checks off the following day.
New to her list the past few days have been a "question of the day." Birch and I totally got a kick of our her question this past Monday "What does FAG stand for?" When I read that I immediately questioned where she had heard such a vulgar word. Then Birch realized what she was actually questioning. "What does FHE stand for?" When you say FHE fast it sounds just like FAG. After all these years of saying Monday night is FHE (family home evening) she thought we were having FAG night. Love it!

Alysee also lost her top tooth this week. It was literally hanging by one little string. I promised her that if she turned that tooth around backwards it would pop right out. Wouldn't you know...she turned that tooth around and around and it wouldn't fall out. I finally offered to pay HER money if she would just let me pull that thing because it was driving us all crazy having it hang in there. She soon became one dollar richer.

Sure do love this girl!!

5 comments:

Matt said...

Ahhhh.....a list girl. She'll go far!

laura said...

That is right on the money. My favorite are her waitress lists for what everyone orders for dinner. Alysee I love love love you!

Leah said...

Finally, an update. Loved all the posts, but FAG night, that takes the cake. So funny.

Julia said...

So cute and hilarious. Very detailed lists for such a little girl! And the FAG thing made me laugh. She looks so grown up in that picture!

Kari said...

I had to comment on the FAG thing. Hilarious!