Monday, March 21, 2011

Soul, Love, Happiness

Three words that perfectly describe our recent visit from Ami and Poppi. Our time together was so full of fun and projects that I didn't even remember to take a picture of them until they headed out the door super early the day they left.
My heart is a little tearful with happiness and longing as I think of them putting in their mission papers in April to leave on a mission for our church in October. They haven't even left yet and I miss them.
The real reason behind their visit is that we are all Lower Lights junkies. We LOVE this group. I got to see them in concert while in Provo, UT last year and fell instantly in love. When we heard that they were coming our direction it only took my parents a second to decide that they were going to join us. The highlight of the concert for me was some crazy dancing with my lover and my dad to "This little light of mine." Totally brought me back to my stake dance years.

This Little Light of Mine from The Lower Lights on Vimeo.


Emily took this picture of my dad with the little girls. The kids LOVE spending time with Ami and Poppi. We kept my dad busy one day helping Birch replace all of door knobs in our house--out with the gold and in with the oil-rubbed bronze.

Love you guys!!!

No comments: