Friday, April 15, 2011

Older than snot but still so young in heart and body

Most people couldn't say this line and be referring to their kids GREAT Grandparents -- I can! Recently my Grandma and her husband Rudy drove from Salt Lake City to visit most all the great grand kids. Our kids all get so excited when they come to visit. They bring fun little gifts, lots of laughter, someone to read endless stories to them, and even a trip to McDonalds. Seriously how many 80+ year old's demand that they are going to take all six kids plus one cousin to McDonalds so that both sets of parents can go out for a date?!! The kids had the best time at McDonalds with Grandma and Rudy and they were delighted that they got to order whatever they wanted plus dessert. What a treat!
I enjoyed the day time when I didn't have to share them with all the kids. We went with Emi and Ryan to the park and basked in the sun. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with my grandparents and also so grateful that my kids are able to spend time with them and get to know them.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MqpP8P0eqJg/Tata5TnX0eI/AAAAAAAAFlg/kQt0NqbvXCQ/s1600/IMG_3182.JPG
My grandma was a hair dresser for like EVER. We took advantage of her great skills and had her trim up Chloe's long locks.
I had to include this picture of Ryan -- he's like the best uncle! Look how he is even willing to wear Chloe's head band.
Rudy and Chloe were two peas in a pod.
Rudy had a captive audience for over an hour while he shared his scrapbook of my grandma and Rudy's recent trip to Egypt and Jerusalem.
Having a bad hair day, no time to fix your hair...no worries. My grandma has the best idea -- check out that cute pink fluffy "hat."

Love you Grandma and Rudy!!

1 comment:

emily a. said...

Great picture of Gma at the end, well really I don't think I've ever seen a bad picture of her. That picture of Ry and Chloeworm is adorable.