Monday, October 17, 2011

The Parents of Skaters

Just before school started we were getting the kids new shoes. Tyler and Alex both REALLY wanted Vans. We decided to split the cost with the boys and so we soon found ourselves at a local skate shop checking out shoes. Birch leaned over to me and whispered, "I never thought I would be a dad of skaters." I grew up with three brothers that really loved to skateboard so I guess it never really has bothered me. I think if the boys were wearing pants hanging from their bums, chains, and swearing like a sailor I would have a problem with it -- but that isn't the case. The spend lots of hours in our driveway building rams and coming up with new skate moves. All the boys LOVE playing with their Tech Decks in the basement and have quite the skate park set up for their finger boards.

All of our kids love to go to one of the local skate parks; the kids bring bikes, scooters, and skateboards. We are constantly being begged to go on any day off of school and so as I mentioned earlier Tyler really wanted to go for his birthday. It was a beautiful day!
Nate is good...but this stunt just about made me want to tie a bungee cord to him. He didn't end up going down but it did make a cool picture. Alysee on the scooter. Nate Tyler is just like his daddy and sticks out his tongue when concentrating. Super cool artsy shot of all the kids, minus Chloe. Tough Nate Chloe and Mommy Tyler Alex stuck to scootering this time--check out that air. Alex and Tyler There is this great playground next to the park that the kids all had fun playing on - Alysee, Coop, and Chloe are such cute little monkeys.
Coop Alysee has such an infectious smile. All the Ditto kids just hangin' around -- we had a great time together!

4 comments:

Matt said...

Love it!

emily a. said...

That skate park is a cool one. It freaked me out watching the kids go down those steep sides.

Deena said...

My kids have a skateboard, but they only seem to want to ride it on their bums...

kg said...

Never thought you'd be a skater mom :) That's fun everyone enjoys it!