Tuesday, June 19, 2012

AGW Seattle 2012

What a treat to spend the weekend with five of my dear friends AND sister-in-laws/momma-in-law!  We finally got smart a few years ago when we figured out that our husbands weren't letting up on their annual ABH (all brother's hike) tradition.  We decided we needed to join in on the fun.  This year Annie was the host -- and boy did she plan a fabulous weekend!  We spent the weekend lounging at her parent's newly renovated home in Edmonds, WA.  Their home was GORGEOUS, RELAXING, and right next to the water.  We could hear the Edmond's ferry toot its' horn.
The weather was amazing while in Seattle.  We experienced blue skies all weekend except for a short downpour which was followed by the most AMAZING DOUBLE rainbow. 
A highlight of the trip for me was our afternoon at IKEA.  I found this great comforter on a "last chance" sale for $10 and added the fun new pillow covers.  I love my new bedroom even if the creamy white isn't very practical; I'm lovin' the change.

Another afternoon we headed down to Pike Street Market.  It was WAY too crowded for my liking but I loved my clam chowder on the pier.

A tradition started a few years ago was to have a chef come in and teach some sort of gourmet cooking class.  Our instructor this year shared with us some of her very own recipes.  We cooked all evening and then feasted on:  Pepperoncini and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast with a homemade fruit reduction sauce (AMAZING!!!), Lemon and Herb Baby Red Potatoes, Herb Seared Sugar Snap Peas, and the finale of Strawberry Galatte with a basil-infused cream.  Good thing we didn't have to drive anywhere after because I think we would have all had to be rolled home. 
We all spent lots of time being entertained by this sweet little side kick, Emmett.  Julia is such a wonderful mother and I loved seeing her dote on her little guy all weekend.
Delightful morning walk to Edmonds Saturday's Market and walk on beach.
Mostly I just loved staying up WAY too late reading (I read two books on my kindle fire), sleeping in, eating delicious foods, and bonding with my family.  I can't wait until we can all be together -  hopefully Tavia will be able to join us soon.  I always feel like I am surrounded by choice women when we are together.  It is so uplifting to be with other women that love their husbands, are plowing through motherhood, and are Daughters of God.  So blessed...

4 comments:

kg said...

Fun to catch up on all your happenings...which are always lively and eventful! Looks like a great weekend, glad C's arm is healing and pink :)

emily a. said...

Pure heaven! Fun to see pictures after hearing all about it.

Matt said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Matt said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!