Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Lake Cavanaugh - last party of the summer

Birch and I were chatting about how our annual trip to Lake Cavanaugh is always a bit bittersweet for us.  It means the summer is coming to a close and I'm going to start getting cold and having to wear layers BUT it also means relaxation, tons of water time, and so much fun with family.  We all shed a silent tear as we drove toward home this year from the cabin.
This poor hot tub gets used from morning until dusk.  By about the second hour of us all arriving at the cabin it is also totally nasty.  Think small children...grass...sand...boogers...etc.  I refuse to go in it but check out these awesome Daddy's that climb right in and even pretend to be relaxing.
Nate is pretty much #1.
Nate and cousin Addy were always up to something together. 
Jumping off the high dock this year was a favorite for all the kids.  Alysee was a maniac doing all sorts of tricks.
I don't even want to know why there was foam in the hot tub or what it was made out of...all I can think of is Impetigo Baby!!!
Check out my awesome hubby!
Coop totally wanted to get himself some of THAT!!! 
Tyler spent hours on the tub.
I think if I had to pick one child that was most excited to go to the lake this year it would be Alex.  He did a lot fun and new things this summer but all along the most important thing to him was that he was going to be able to go to the lake.  He had to wear a silicone ear plug since he just hit his one month post-operative date and the lake water isn't too good for his ears.
Nate and Addy did this for hours -- jumping off the dock and "surfing" on these air mattresses.
They got pretty good!
Tyler was like a jumping bean off of the dock.
Chloe could have slept in the hot tub if we had let her. She did go tubing with Birch and had a good time but hands down the hot tub is her favorite place to be.
Alex tried the wake board for the first time.  He decided that he likes it better than waterskiing.
This is where you could find me most of the time -- basking in the sun.  I read a whole book, talked for hours with my sister-in-laws, snuggled with my new baby nephew, and cooked up a couple of tasty meals.
Chloe went with Uncle Logan on a sailboat ride.
Alex wanted to try it ALL this year -- here he is knee boarding.
Alysee surprises me a bit with how daring she is.  I guess I had kind of always thought she was a little more cautious like me but this summer has shown me that she is a girl of adventure and socializing.
It took a couple of tries but she was up and skiing in no time. 
Way to go Alysee -- check out that tongue!!!

Speaking of tongues...what's up with the Dittos?
This collage is all just from this trip.  I was trying to think of where they all got it from and then I remembered this guy...
 The master of the concentrating and excited tongue!!!

Perhaps we are all a little bit on the nutty side! (side note:  the craziest one of all, Maren, is missing in this picture.  She was down for a nap.)

We do know how to control ourselves though!  I sure love this family I married into!
Grannie is ALWAYS surrounded by a flock of grandchildren.  She is such a good sport and even consented to a half day trip across the lake in the peddle boat pulling about 2/3's of these grandkids in tubs and floaties.  What an awesome Grannie!!!

Can't wait until next year!!!

3 comments:

emily a. said...

Looks like such a fun trip.

Oh and have I seen your swimsuit? Is it a new one?

Matt said...

This always looks like such a fun trip with something for everyone!

Julie said...

Looks like this family knows how to have FUN together!