Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I was gonna...

share how these two little fish have changed our lives this past month.  (One goldfish is Nate's that he is caring for it to earn his cub scout wolf elective pet patch.)

I was gonna tell you that Chloe earned the other fish after five nights of staying in bed...it was like a dream; she truly showed us that evenings can be bliss.

I was gonna tell you that Chloe now goes to bed without a fuss...no crying, no coming out of her room, no fights with her sister.

I was gonna tell you that she has been working on an additional fish, needing an additional ten days of staying in bed quietly and that it has now been over twenty days and she still can't seem to get it.

I was gonna tell you how clever mommy thought she was with forming a new habit for Chloe...5 days reward; 10 days reward; 20 days reward...a new habit has blossomed and we enter bliss.

I was gonna tell you that Chloe looks like an angel after she finally does fall asleep...but by then mommy and daddy think she looks more like the devil.

I was gonna tell you that mommy has threatened to flush the fishy down the toilet with all the poopies if Chloe does not stay in bed and go to sleep but mommy feels a little bad saying that so she keeps it at..."the fishy will have to go live at a new home if you come out again."

I was gonna tell you how four boys go to sleep every night in the same room normally without a hiccup; upstairs the battle goes on with sleep charts, whinning, sending zu zu pets down the hallway with notes to parents, spankings, time outs outside, massages, songs, lavender oil being rubbed on the feet to relax...obviously we created the monster.

I was gonna tell you how a .25 cent fish changed our lives...but I can't...and it makes me so sad when we thought we had finally found the perfect cure.

So darn cute during the day...

6 comments:

Matt said...

Very funny post.

kg said...

Oh goodness. That's hard, Grant was so hard to put to bed until we moved to AL. Thankfully Grace has been a lot easier. Hmmm...well if anyone can figure out a way to make it happen I know you will :) Good luck! Cute story though.

Julie said...

This is why grandparenthood is the BEST! May she live to give you some adorable ones ;)

Kari said...

Good to know we aren't the only ones with this battle. It doesn't matter I don't have a nursing baby, it's the 7 yr old!

Leah said...

Ahhh, the babies of the family. Talk to mom about that one.

MaryJane said...

I just read this again and am laughing so hard at the ZuZu Pets I can hardly stand it. The creativity is great. Got to love that girl...before 8 p.m.!