Monday, March 25, 2013

How To Eat Fried Worms


While tucking Chloe into bed tonight she asked me if I thought her worm would be okay.  Today while doing some yard work Birch found Chloe a gargantuan earthworm which she has cared for all day long.  She bathed it with a squirt bottle, made it do exercises (which included swinging the worm around by one end), and watching it poop so as to determine which end was it's bum. 

"Yes, I'm sure your worm is fine," I responded to Chloe. 

Then she giggled and replied, "I kissed it [the worm] on it's skin."

BARF!!!!!  It took all my motherly awesomeness to let her smother me with kisses before saying goodnight. 

4 comments:

emily a. said...

Oh, there are so many things I love about this post.

Watching it poop to find it's bum and of course kissing it.

Yes, that is super gross and BOY ARE YOU AWESOME for letting her smooch you.

kg said...

Haha! What a cute girl :)

MaryJane said...

Emily said it so well! This is hysterical and I'm laughing out loud. Can't wait to have Don read it!

laura said...

Chloe you will have to teach Isla a think or two. She is not sure what to think of worms yet.