Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Coveted Lake Time

After being home only three days from Spokane I was honestly dragging my feet at loading up again for another trip.  In fact, I may have been a bit grouchy as I loaded the car and we headed to Lake Cavanaugh.  It might have had something to do with the stress of shopping for Alex's high adventure food for his scout trip and the three meals that our family was responsible for at the lake.  I think a calculated that in one shopping trip I bought enough food for 78 mouths to eat at the lake and 99 mouths at Alex's scout trip.  That warrants a little insanity doesn't it??!!
Chloe and Aunti Blayre
Coop loves to pretend to be apart of the lake.  He prefers land swimming, land tubbing, and land wakeboarding, though he insists on wearing a wet suit...just in case.
Tyler and cousin Emmett
Coolest dudes on the lake...Birch, Henry, Coop
Lovely ladies
Chloe enjoying the muddy "sand"
Mom and Chloe keeping up with all the rage and paddle boarding.


Alysee was a tubing maniac!
Something possessed me after sitting in the warm sun for a day.  Grannie decided that with her new fangled hip she was going to go tubing.  I figured that if Grannie was going tubing that it might be a safe time to join in since the drivers would have to be gentle.  I think it has been six years since I have gotten into the lake -- I'd just rather soak in the sun.  It started out so nice until I thought Grannie was starting to sink.  Like the beloved daughter-in-law I wanted to save her life and reached forward trying to pull back on Grannie's tube.  SPLAT!  I went face first into the lake. As you can see from the picture I found out that I am officially weak...very weak.  It took Juje pulling me from one direction, Julia pushing from another, and Jenna holding onto my tube until I finally was able to get back on.
I was TOTALLY wiped out!!!
  Ironically, everyone except Grannie ended up falling off their tube. 
  After my wet adventure tubing I all of a sudden got this crazy urge/courage to try wake-boarding.  After the kids all about died with excitement that their mom was going to actually get her swimsuit wet AGAIN I received some wake-boarding instruction from Birch.
I was horrible.

And it wasn't that fun.
And I biffed it and hit my head hard in the water losing the wake-board.  And I decided to swim back to shore and not get in the water again for another six years.  The End.
 Nate took to wake-boarding like it was nothin'.  I think he had an advantage over me because he is a good little skateboarder.
 The big boys disappeared for.like.ever on a competitive game of who-can-try-and-get-someone-hurt-game.  This shot is of Kelly dumping Birch.
 Birch busted out his birthday bingo set.  It was a real hit (especially because of the sucker prizes).
 Lots of jumping off of the boat!


These girls idol cousin Malia!  Alysee came home having learned all sorts of cool hairstyles from Malia.
 Daddy loves him some tubing.
Alysee on the rope swing.
Awesome Daddy on the wake-board.  Oh, so that is how it is supposed to look!!!
Cute Owen loves his Uncle Birchy.
Awesomeness
There was no shortage of GoPro video going on as each person loved filming.
Daring Alysee
 Sweet jump Nate
Nate and Addy love to hang out with each other and went on several excursions paddling in the canoe.  We had a few moments where we felt like failures as parents and we found them independently paddling across the entire lake.  Yikes!
Addy, Nate, and George
Blayre and Owen loved bubble time!
Tyler loved knee-boarding this year!
I packed Birch's ukelele that doesn't get the chance to be played very much.  

Best buds...Lucy and Alysee
Logan and Birch make good noise together!
We even threw in two photoshoots of two darling families.  I love these pictures of Logan and Julia's family especially because the photoshoot was totally spontaneous and the outfits were thrown together from all the cousins clothes.  Didn't they turn out awesome!
Blayre and Ryan have created the cutest little guy, Owen.
Love this shot!
The girls always put on some sort of dance each year.  Malia did the choreographing and the girls performed the dance perfectly.
 Some booty!
After our most excellent Sunday School lesson on Gratitude by Jenna and Juje we took our family picture.  Talk about an awesome bunch of people!!  I feel lucky!
All the grandkids that were at the cabin (minus Emmett who was snoring).  These kids adore their Grannie!!



Want to live vicariously through the GoPro lens of Kelly Ditto?  Click here:  http://youtu.be/WdWgLTli5sU

1 comment:

emily a. said...

WHAT? How did you not tell me you tried paddleboarding? Seriously, why weren't we invited to this trip- aren't we adoptedish Ditto's by now?