This picture certainly does not deserve being framed but it is nice to get a family shot every once in a while. Taken April 27, 2008(Side note: Monday night we were especially grateful that we had taken this family picture. Tyler had been wearing a hat all day but that isn't really anything new. Upon removal of his hat Birch found that Tyler had gone to town with some scissors on the front part of his hair. What seven year old does that?, was my response. Guess he thought that he would look good with even shorter hair. By this time he was tearful and said that after he finished cutting his hair he decided that he didn't look so great and wished he had never done it. Birch lovingly highlighted Tyler's dumb idea at Family Home Evening that night and reminded the kids that only mommy is good at cutting hair. Tyler now has a buzzed head and I think everyone learned a good lesson.)
When Alysee's appointment at The Ditto Salon was finished she was so excited to show Birch and her brothers her SHORT hair. Alex, being a temporarily terdy big brother, responded to her new du by saying, "What's the big deal? You didn't have any hair when you were born." Alysee took it in stride and basked in all the compliments from the other kids and Birch. She was so excited to show her friends at school and church. I'll miss her long braids and buns but I am glad to have brought her such joy!
6 comments:
cute shots guys. I haven't really seen close up shots of Alysee before but holy cow what a mini Blayre. So cute. You guys look great, sorry about the haircut in disguise.
I can't believe how much Alysee looks like Tavia and Blayre with her shorter hair. It does look so cute and don't worry, it will grow. I can totally picture her running around flipping her hair.
Love Alysee's hair. I also love Alex's comment. Reminds me of a particular conversation Emily and I had so many years ago.
Good job sara....I would be way nervous to cut her hair, but I've got Tyler's haircut down no problem!
Could Leah be referring to the conversation where I didn't find her star toothpaste shapes nearly as exciting as she did?
I love Alysee's hair that length. Very cute!
Post a Comment