Basement Bathroom:
Here is a shot when we first moved into the house:
After the remodel:
Mudroom/Laundry Room:
Mudroom/Laundry Room when we bought the house:
We didn't change too much to the mud room after we moved in. We did paint over the blue paint with a nice taupe color but we left the wallpaper up.
As a result of the water damage the floor was taken up to the sub flooring in order for everything to dry thoroughly.Thankfully Birch just finished all the dry wall repair in the shop. It was a disaster in there until just this past weekend. Birch also repaired the mud and tape on the ceiling so we are good as new.
I must put a disclaimer that most of the time when I said "we" did blaa blaa it was really our great sub-contractor guy that has done the other remodel work in the two upstairs bathrooms. In reality "we" painted the rooms and did all the shopping (and let me tell you it takes a long time to save money and go to a ton of different stores). If anyone in my town is needing any remodel work in their house we know the man!
The hardwood floors will be refinished Thanksgiving week and then the carpets will be cleaned the following week. After that we will be as good a new (really better than we were a couple of months ago). This whole experience has reminded me that God knows best and wants to bless us even if it doesn't always feel that way. I'm thankful for a beautiful home!
7 comments:
Sara, it looks amazing!! You guys did such a great job! Now I know what I need to do if I get tired of my living space...
Beautiful! Though I wouldn't wish water damage or some of the other problems you guys have had on anyone, you have made this home so much nicer!!!! And I can honestly say that because I know what it looked like before you guys moved in :) Love the prints in the downstairs bathroom!
It's a whole new house. I love it and can't wait to see it in person next week!
Vinyl ideas... in my old Laundry Room I had on the wall "Laundry...LOADS of Fun!" or you could do the one we saw at Real Deals "Drop you drawers here" or I'm sure we can find more ideas on Etsy- I'll keep looking. I love the big flower pics- they look great!
Wow! Everything look really good...I love your comment about the 'boy pee'...I had never thought about that-I can only imagine the problems you have...I have my fair share with two. (Yes, this includes my husband)
Wow! Everything look really good...I love your comment about the 'boy pee'...I had never thought about that-I can only imagine the problems you have...I have my fair share with two. (Yes, this includes my husband)
I love the tile. They look beautiful!
Post a Comment