Saturday, August 11, 2018

Bio-Girl's Weekend Trip

For Mother's Day this year we gave my mom a "Bio-Girl's Weekend" trip.  Really, dad helped pitch in some $ to make it possible but getting all of us biological daughters in the same state at the same time was quite a miracle.  With Laura living in Yakima for the summer it made it much easier to have Leah fly in and all meet.

This is the brochure I made and then we all gave it to mom for Mother's Day.



The cabin location was just beautiful!!  Actually the cabin itself was amazing!  It was so clean and the architecture was amazing!  Leah did sacrifice her hand for a couple of wasp stings.


One day we headed back out to the White Salmon river to go rafting together.  We all felt very adventurous!












Mom and I hopped off the raft before it went down Husum Falls.  Everyone else was much more brave -- actually mom is really brave too but I think didn't want me to feel like a wimp for getting out of the raft.








THEY MADE IT!!!

Another day we hiked to Duncan Creek Falls.  This was an awesome hike that we did going directly out of our cabin.  It took us a bit to find the trail head but the hike was beautiful and buggy!





 


The evenings were spent looking through Grandma Howe's jewelry and eating yummy food.  Emily and Laura were super awesome in preparing ALL the food ahead of time.  I had been running non-stop from event-to-event and so I appreciated this gift of time and talent so much!

Check out our twinner shirts mom gave us all!!
GIRL POWER!!!
We loved walking around the town of Stevenson and eating lunch at a delicious restaurant.  We went to Skamania Lodge and shared a bowl of salmon chowder on mom and dad's honor as they shared one years before on an anniversary trip.


This trip was just what we all needed.  I can't remember the last time we went somewhere together without kids and just enjoyed being with each other.  I feel blessed to call each of these ladies my friend, sister, or mother!!

No comments: