Coop: "Mom, Jesus lobs (loves) mine peanut." (What he calls his penis)
Mom: "Yes, Jesus does love your penis." (He created him after all, right?)
Coop: "Jesus lobes your peanut too." (Pointing to me)
The rest of the conversation basically was a disagreement between the two of us as to whether or not mom has a "peanut."
Currently Cooper is really into trucks, buses, motorcycles, ferry boats, and trains. We haven't really had a "theme" kid since Alex so it has been pretty fun. Birch and I have discussed whether this is because we haven't encouraged the kids to obsess about a particular theme (like dinosaurs, automobiles, sports, etc...) or maybe it is because we haven't "fed" the obsession. I'm thinking Christmas should be darn easy for this kid. Get him a ferry boat and he would be in heaven!
Along with Coop's great vocabulary, having older siblings has also brought the interesting challenge of keeping "potty" words out of his mouth. It's hard to get mad at such a cute guy even when you hear him call his brother that is bugging him, "Stupid Man," or "Meanie Face," or "Meanie."
Coop wonders if "Today Friday? Daddy go on camping trip? Cooper too little?" He seriously asks me this almost each morning when he wakes up. He can sit in front of the computer for a half an hour just watching the screen saver of family pictures. Coop loves "de-ert" (dessert), riding his bike really fast, eating pizza, playing with his siblings and friends, eating Italian dressing on lettuce, reading books, coloring, playing with play dough, and doing anything with his daddy (which is kind of a problem when their are seven other of us that like doing stuff with daddy too). He loves sucking his thumb while holding "Froggy," his green blanket covered with little frogs.
Oh yes, I must make note of what a thankful boy Cooper is. No kidding...this kid thanks you for everything. It's as if his parents are Hitler Manner parents (If that were the case then wouldn't the rest of the kids be just as good at expressing their gratitude?). Back in his diaper days he used to thank us for changing his diaper. Who does that? Sure brightens my day to hear him says "Thanks Mom!" I'm hoping this attribute is not just a phase but a long lasting attribute.
We LOVE this kid!!!
11 comments:
I don't think kids have to be encouraged to have a favorite thing. Ethan had stages where it was all cowboys, fire fighters, trucks.... but changed with each age. Brock has been our Dino kid and has been for several years! Oh and yellow It has always been yellow! All things yellow he loves. I didn't realize it has always been that way till I look back at scapbooks and see that before he was 2 he would always want to wear this same shirt.... it was yellow. He still loves yellow! Some kids are just that way!
I loved this update on Coopy and I loved the conversation. Why is that all your boys call "it" a peanut? That was so funny! Can't wait to see you next week.
We sure love him too! Great idea for a post, to choose one kids and focus on them - I will be emailing pictures of each of my children so you can do a post on each of them for me-okay, you don't have to do my blog as well. I mean you do do everything else for me - You are the best!! Thanks for the yummy dinner, and FHE treat, they were delicious.
He is a cutie, I loved his hair today. And my kids call "it" a peanut too...ha ha
Loved reading about a two-year-old (six weeks younger than mine) who has mastered the potty, talking, and makes his family so happy.
Amy
Loved the update. It helps stay up with the kids. Can't wait to hang out with Coops next week!
Congratulations on potty training! I know how much of a life changing event it is. My little guy is turning two next month and I can't help but wonder when he will be ready. Probably not for another year. Take care!
Wow, potty trained already? And he is talking so well- and saying such funny things!
WOW i cant believe how big your kids have gotten - i think that it is about time you guys came to a family reunion so that we all can catch up!! love ya!!
Sara, your family is just beautiful. This is really first time I've sat down and done some actual blog hopping. It amazes me and inspires me to see so many good women doing such wonderful things with their families and children. It was good to catch up with you and I wish you a Happy Fall! - Amy Baumgartner:)
Your kids are sooo freakin cute - but i am very upset - you came to utah without calling or stoping by - thats pretty messed up! i will work on forgiving you but it might take some time!!
Post a Comment