Saturday, April 21, 2018

Grannie Comes To Town

We were lucky enough this past week to have Grannie and Carter come stay with us.  The days were quiet and the afternoons and evenings were wild with kid's activities. 

During the day, Debbie and I worked tirelessly at updating all the kid's school books.  For the past thirteen years I have had a file cabinet that we have thrown all the kid's school pictures, schoolwork, awards, etc...  I tried once years ago to update all the books but it was too overwhelming for me and I didn't last long.  With Debbie by my side, we cut and glued and finally finished all the books.  I think I have learned my lesson and will now be able to keep them up.

Cousin Carter loved the afternoons and evenings when all the kids would come home and entertain and play with him.  Chloe was in HEAVEN!!!
Chloe and Carter are two peas in a pod.

While the kids were all gone during the day we did try to do a few fun things together.  I dug out our playdough, lincoln logs (not a hit), magitiles, picnics on the porch, a trip to Walmart to pick out a new shirt, a hair trim, and a fun little photoshoot to surprise his momma!

We had lots of sunshine this week so playing on the trampoline was a perfect activity.

Chloe LOVED learning how to make macaroons alongside Grannie.  The two worked for hours on Saturday perfecting their recipe and ended up with these masterpieces - Coconut Mango Macaroons.

Sunday we threw an early birthday party for Grannie.  We celebrated with sharing things we love about Grannie, giving her a new pair of adventure sanuk sandals, having homemade Cafe Rio Pork Salad, and a Chocolate Delicatessen Waffle Sunday.

Grannie is such a special light in all our lives!

Alysee is fabulous at her hand lettering - check out the amazing lettering on Grannie's package and letter.

These two didn't get to spend a ton of time together this week but each minute they did they loved it up!  
 Come back again Grannie!!!!  We LOVE having you here!!!

No comments: