Monday, July 2, 2018

A family that climbs together...stays together

Monday was set aside as a Family Adventure Day - we were supposed to go to a waterpark at Lake Chelan but after seeing that the weather was going to be 65 degrees and 20 mph winds we decided we needed to change our plans.  It's always hard to agree on something as a family so after taking everyone suggestions we decided to make the decision on our own as parents.

It had been a long time since we had rock climbed as a family so we decided that the temperamental weather would be okay at The Feathers in Vantage, WA.  When we arrived the car was literally shaking in the wind but the boys hopped out and started setting up the climbs.  It took the girls and I a little longer to venture out of the car.
Alysee doesn't love to climb to she still made it to the top!  

I'm proud of her for doing something she doesn't dig doing.

I was kind of wimpy and only made it up part way and decided I was good for the day.  I spent the rest of the day cooking lunch, keeping warm in the van, and taking pictures.

Chloe was on fire.  She scampered up the climbs like it wasn't even hard.


Birch was especially excited to try and new climb called Satan's Wagon.  It is a 5.10b which is really challenging!

Tyler is quite the good belayer.

Tyler did awesome climbing as well.

Top of the world!

Birch teaching Chloe how to tie her climbing knots.

This girl is determined!


She didn't make it all the way to the top of this climb as it was a 5.10b but man -- look how high she did make it!

Nate was an A.N.I.M.A.L.

Look at those muscles popping out!



This picture kills me!!

Like it ain't whatin' nothin'

Nothing holds Birch back!

Coop has gotten so much more brave.  Nathan did an awesome job belaying Coop.

Brothers



Next stop Wanapum State park....
Alysee meditating


Ditto Kiddos!
I found this corner of the beach that was blocked from the wind and was so warm and toasty.  I ended up taking a little nap!


This girl could be a dancer or gymnast if her parents would pay😉 


Patterned after Uncle Luke's famous Cascade Lake photo.
Spike ball.  Always.  Anywhere.



We ended the day with going out to dinner at El Porton.  It was nice to have a day together!

No comments: