Sunday, October 15, 2017

17 Years of AWESOMENESS!!

Seventeen years!!!!  Tyler's delivery was long awaited as I had been on bed rest in Spokane for three weeks and his birth followed Sara Elizabeth's passing and another miscarriage.  Birch had started working in Yakima and came to Spokane for the weekends to be with Alex and I.  I took up residence on his parent's couch and spent the days agonizing over the what if's -- what if I went into labor and Birch didn't make it to Spokane in time?  What if I can't handle two kids?  What if Tyler is born with a congenital birth defect  What is the labor is as horrible as Alex's?  Wow...I must have been a mess.

Tyler's delivery ended up being amazing.  Birch as in town; the midwives were super sweet; I got to watch the Miss America Pageant WHILE in labor and enjoyed an epidural.  Tyler has brought such a joy to our family.  After wanting to have another child and going through the heartache of losing a baby, Tyler was our rainbow baby.

Tyler is the stylish man at our house!!  He LOVES cool ties and socks.  You'll find him wearing pink and purple and never caring what others might think about him.  Tyler LOVES eggs...like I mean loves them.   He's always been a ladIES man -- and I mean plural!!  The girls all love him!  He's a great leader and has enjoyed several opportunities to be a leader at school and church.
This weekend we hosted six boys from all over the state for a leadership conference.  Tyler was one of the hosts and had lots of responsibilities for the weekend.  It was fun to see Tyler in his leadership role.

Just looking at this picture is making me realize how much Tyler has grown in the past couple of years.  

Tyler hoping he was getting a new camera lens...

and adjusting to the fact that sometimes mom and dad (like Santa) know even better what you really want. ☺ Tyler got a sweet bluetooth, waterproof speaker.

Since today was Stake Conference, Tyler's birthday was a little unique.  We had a great big breakfast with all of guests (pancakes, hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, juice) and then for lunch we had pizza.  For dinner we were supposed to have hamburgers but none of us were hungry...so the party will continue tomorrow!
Sure do love this kid!!!!

No comments: