This past Wednesday I had the privledge of putting on YW in Excellence for our ward girls. I wanted it to be a really special night for the girls and for them to feel the magnitude of their individual worth and that their time they put into personal progress is important.
There are so many awesome ideas online and I was drawn to the theme of "Be the Light." A talented woman has shared tons of freebies with this theme. I used her stuff and added a bit of my own to customize it to our ward. The night turned out beautiful!
 |
| I mailed all the girl's and their families all invites. Doesn't everyone feel more special with a personal invitation! |
 |
| The program was fabulous!! It was kept to an hour so the talks were short and sweet. The first musical number was lovely with the girls being accompanied by one of them playing the ukulele. The last musical number I just love and the girls sounded great! |
The talks the girls gave were focused on these three quotes:
 |
| Kind of tricky making a primary room - seminary room - pathways room - toddler music room...also a YW in Excellence room. |
 |
| Each of the girls filled a plastic lightbulb with something that brought them the Light of Christ this past year. I encouraged them to tie it into their Personal Progress projects but they didn't have to. Their ideas were awesome!! |
 |
| My new skill of cookie decorating that I learned at AGW this past year came in hand with making these cute light bulb cookies. |
 |
| This was trickier than I thought to make -- wire twisted heart. |
 |
| My adviser and I made these super sweet necklaces for all the girls. They were very easy to make (again someone had done all the hard work already) and I think will be a neat memento from the evening for the girls. |
I loved thinking about LIGHT and the ways that I am letting my light shine! It is a wonderful concept to think about
No comments:
Post a Comment