Sunday, May 6, 2018

Ron's Robot Run

This weekend our family had the opportunity to support a wonderful family that recently found out their dad has inoperable lung cancer.  We know this family through the dad being a teacher at the Junior High (Alex had him as a teacher) and also through mutual friends.  Anyways, our hearts have been broken for this family and we've had the pleasure to carol, bring dinner, and write comforting texts. 

When we heard of the benefit run being done in Ron's honor we knew we wanted to support this great event!
The kids got their shirts a few days early and were able to wear them as walking advertisements. 

I LOVE that Ron dressed up as a robot for the event.  His wife is a terrific writer and has opened her heart to many readers in their journey.
 Let the raise begin...

Chloe and Alysee were originally going to do the 1 mile run vs. the 5K but when they saw you only got race bibs for doing the 5K they both switched.  Birch was Chloe's running cheerleader. 

Tyler said that he kept yelling to Nate to wait for him so they could run together.  


Coop struggles with asthma so I worried about him running the 5K but he ended up finishing without being too winded.

Alysee was all smiles and she pushed through the 5K.  I was really proud of her for making it the whole way!


Chloe may have been walking (actually it looked more like she was trying to ice skate on the wet grass) and then she picked up into a full speed run when she saw the camera.

Robot Ron and his daughter cheering on the runners

The top for finishers for the 5K - first place as an adult avid runner, 2nd place Tyler, 4th place Nate!!!

Nate gives EVERYTHING his 100%

Finished strong!

She made it!!!  

I think Chloe made have finished strong because she saw everyone eating donuts.  I found it so ironic that everyone ran so hard and then ate a donut...

Our supportive kiddos and Robot Ron

Fighting a good fight!
I feel a couple of times each year I struggle with the Lord's timing, why do bad things happen to good people, fear for my own family's future unknowns, etc...  Once I make peace with my mind and heart than I am faced with these questions again. This quote gets me through some of those days when I am questioning, "Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." - Soren Kierkegaard

No comments: