Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Our Easter Weekend

We took this shot after church on Easter Sunday. As you can tell the lighting wasn't that good -- my legs are actually much tanner in real life : )
Saturday we went to a fun Easter Egg Hunt hosted by the Kiwanis club. The kids had a good time. Alex was super lucky and won a HUGE Easter basket full of fun toys. The whole family ended up benefiting from his luck. Also, I am gathering that some people have shame that their kids gather up their Easter eggs into a plastic grocery bag. Our kids were just lucky that they weren't sportin' a Goodwill bag.
Alysee was a bit sad at the community hunt because parents were not allowed to help the kids collect their eggs. She was a bit intimidated by the mass number of strangers. Don't worry though, those huge tears inspired all her brothers to share their loot.Sunday afternoon we had a little hunt at our house. Coop loved the excitement of it all. We had a wonderful day at church. A woman sang a beautiful song called "I walked where Jesus walked." It was gorgeous and really touched my heart. We had widowed friend of ours, Helen Trimble over for dinner. We all chowed up the grilled tomato basil chicken, rice-a-roni, rolls, strawberries, broccoli, and strawberry shortcake for lunch. It was a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds like a great Easter weekend! That picture of Alysee is so sweet.

emily a. said...

I always look forward to seeing the crazy smile Nate has in every picture. Sounds fun. You look beautiful Sara- white legs and all.

Mama Nirvana said...

I love Cooper's cute little bare feet. I'm glad you had fun, and I think your legs look tan and beautiful.

Amy