Okay, so back to the birthday boy. Tyler had a great day at school and had previously enjoyed a special lunch out to Olive Garden with mom and dad.
After Tyler's choice of dinner (stromboli) we had a super delicious giant cookie with whip cream and toppings.
Tyler scored some great basketball gear and other goodies!
The following weekend kicked off APW -- All Priesthood Weekend. The weekend was designed around celebrating Tyler receiving the Priesthood, therefore celebrating in DOZENS. The morning started out with a dozen bagels.
The night before was a late night as the creative juices started flowing with decorations.
A dozen balloons were hanging and filled with notes from family and friends on why they felt Tyler would be a wonderful priesthood holder. Most were from family and friends that were not able to come for the weekend celebration -- so fun to feel the love from all over the world.
Tyler's Priesthood Line of Authority
Tyler was so lucky to have several extended family members travel from Spokane for Tyler's ordination.
Randy Baird, Bishop Dale Turner, Birch, Uncle Ryan, and Todd Daley were all part of the ordination circle.
Tyler can't wait until he is as tall as Grannie. I think it is the first thing he checks when we see Grannie. Grannie is so awesome to do these one day drives to visit us for special occasions.
Not sure what is wrong with my face...but Tyler is certainly loved by his parents.
Emi and Ryan were with his for the week prior and were so awesome to stay on a couple of days to be apart of this special weekend.
Mila and Tyler are glued at the hip
Love this girl!
Emily and Ryan made Tyler's special cake for APW weekend -- Better Than...Cake
The weekend closed with Tyler popping each balloon and reading the thoughtful notes that family and friends had written to him.
It's been so special to watching Alex "train" Tyler how to pass the sacrament and now to see Tyler taking this responsibility so seriously. APW was a great weekend and so special being reminded what a privilege it is to have the priesthood on earth.
Why Tyler will be a good priesthood holder:
- And 12 years ago we were up late at night with fretful Tyler listening to the presidential returns eating 'feathery" chicken. So sorry we miss this special occasion. We love you, Tyler and are so very proud of you! We know you will take this special privilege very seriously and always be worthy to act on behalf of Heavenly Father to bless others. -Ami and Poppy
- Dear Tyler - as you know, the priesthood is given to us so that we can more broadly serve others. You'll be a great priesthood holder because you really care about others and want to help them and that is essential. Read the story Jesus told near the end of his life when he was giving advice to the apostles and you'll see that the most important thing we can do to serve God is to serve others (Matthew 25:31-45). You have a loving heart and a desire to serve others and that will make you a great priesthood holder. We love you - Ami and Poppy
- When Tyler and I were talking about what he wanted to do in college and possibly professional sports, he told me some of the things he liked but in the end he always weighed if that sport, major, or job would work with having all the time he wanted with his family to be a good job. I was touched with how much he considered that and how it seemed important to him for no other reason than that he wanted to be a good dad for his family. What could make a better priesthood holder than that? – Laura Watts
- I can't limit it to just one: Tyler is confident, sensitive, and helpful, which are all qualities the Lord needs in a priesthood holder! Congratulations, Tyler! Love, Auntie Julia
- Tyler will be a great priesthood holder because he's a stellar people person and the priesthood is there for Heavenly Father to bless his children through great priesthood holders. congrats tyler, wish i was there! – Love, Luke
- Tyler is caring to all people. He will have no problem serving anyone no matter how they look, smell or act like. –Ryan
- Because he's a hard worker. We've been so impressed by your love and desire for running. This not only means that you push yourself physically, but also mentally. Sometimes running is mind over matter and it's not easy, the same is true of being a member of the church. We know that you will work hard as a priesthood holder to choose the right and fulfill the duties that are a part of you being a holder of his holy priesthood. We know you will serve others even when it's not easy, and that you will work hard to keep yourself worthy of the other priesthood offices you will hold throughout your life. We love you Tyler and are proud of the man you are becoming. Love, the Wright family
- Tyler will be a wonderful priesthood holder b/c he is always willing to help when needed. we wish we could be there this weekend! We love you ! Ryan, Blayre, & Owen
- Because he's a ditto and he's signed the ditto proclamation. He's a good listener –Brent Ditto
- Because he has such a positive attitude and he makes others happy. –Logan
- He's especially helpful and kind- even to younger (sometimes annoying) kids! Wish we could be there!! Tomorrow is our primary program!—Annie Ditto
- Because he is thoughtful, caring and inclusive to those around him, even younger ones! I know he will treat all those in his quorum that way too. Wish we could be there! Aunt Jessica
- Tyler doesn’t have to do anything…that is why he will be a wonderful priesthood holder. Many people have to change the way they talk, dress, or act around people but Tyler already has these Christlike qualities. –love, Sis. Cox