Saturday, October 6, 2012

General Conference Fun

I don't think I'll ever take watching General Conference at home for granted.  I can't rave enough about having our cool little ruko box that allows us to watch BYUtv right from home.  There were lots of preparations done to make this a memorable weekend.  Sunday morning started out with our traditional monkey bread.
  
Folks...this was totally homemade this year -- no Rhodes Dough (I just couldn't get myself to spend the $5 on the dough).  It look a little more time but they were delicious!
Cooper was extra spiritual during conference and built a super cool temple out of legos.  It even had inside furniture!

A friend and I each made sixteen bags full of goodies that we split and then had sixteen different bags of activities and treats for the kids to munch on throughout conference.  We had some pretty good listeners!

A few of my favorite talks were:

"Trial of Your Faith" by Neil Andersen
 "Like the intense fire that transforms iron into steel, as we remain faithful during the fiery trial of our faith, we are spiritually refined and strengthened."

"First Observe, Then Serve" by Linda Burton
 "We are the Lord’s hands here upon the earth, with the mandate to serve and to lift His children. He is dependent upon each of us."


No comments: